Kitty Corner – The Zipper Trick
I may be married now, but for years I was a single gal. A single gal who liked to wear dresses. Dresses that zip up the back.
And, sorry to say, it’s tough. I lack the flexibility to do that. So I took to wearing cardigans over sresses when I went places, asking strangers to zip my dress – and after a little embarassment (ok, a LOT sometimes) I devised this little trick:
I call it – The Zipper Trick!
1. Find a long (21+ inches) sturdy necklace with a lobster-style clasp, like this one from Stella & Dot:
2. Attach the lobster clasp to the jump ring on the zipper:
3. Step into the dress.
4. Zip the dress to where you can no longer reach.
5. Grab the end of the necklace and, holding the base of the zipper firmly in your other hand, gently pull the zipper up the rest of the way.
6. Detach the necklace from the jump ring.
7. Repeat in reverse to get out of the dress!
There you go – my trick to getting in and out of a dress when I don’t have the trusty-dusty hubby around to help me!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s devised a way to deal with this – anyone else have their own zipper trick?